Being able to allocate enough time to finally publish this release hasn't been an easy task for me. I hardly can believe it, but it's here! 😀
This is a very special announcement because this release introduces lot of new features and also introduces very deep changes from the previous versions.
One of the most noticeable details is that NMTools is now an independent project. It will no longer tied to OpenSLIM. Nevertheless, OpenSLIM still will be a dependency and you need it to fully take advantage of what NMTools delivers.
Here is a brief list of what's new:
- Huge internal code optimization and re-organization.
- Multiple Modules Libraries per Profile.
- Ability to merge multiple input files.
- Ability to merge multiple credential files.
- Settings Extensibility: each Modules Library can have specific parameters, host files and credentials.
- Session Stores support Attributes: one Property can have multiple Attributes.
- UI improvements: less typing is required.
- UI improvements: better output lay-outs.
- Advanced and Wide filtering capabilities over stored Sessions.
- Ability to run a Session over a previous stored Session.
- Run-time configuration with the -setup paramenter.
- Run-time Advisor helps you detecting potential inconsistencies on your configuration (-rta parameter)
- Support for multiple off-line Session Stores (Actions: archive, reload and the -store parameter),
- New action: “Analyze” will give you some insight over a stored session.
- New action: “Compare” let you see differences by different criteria over two different stored sessions.
- Improved Shell Mode.
- Modules Libraries better organized.
- Introduction of DynX modules.
- Software Deployment Library.
- Better error handling.
- Tested in PowerShell 1 and 2.
- Further Testing and Bug Fixing.
I will try to talk about these questions over the following weeks a little further. Anyway, an image is worth a thousand words. So, here you have an screen shots gallery to make up your mind of what is this all about
As usual, you will find the download information on the Live Projects Page. If you are interested on more details about this Project you can also dig into the Project Materials Site.
Please, let me know about your experience with these version as well as any ideas or comments you may have.
Thanks in advance and have fun! 😀