It’s finally here! Once again, this new version represents an additional step forward in functionality and also in reliability.
As previous versions, documentation is something I must work on. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to do it the way it should. But, I will be posting working samples, screenshots, and demo videos that will help on the training aspects of this tools.
Anyway, if you want to help with documentation or any other aspect, just let me know: I would love to build a team to make this project grow bigger and stronger.
Here is a short description of the changes, improvements and fixes you will find in this new OpenSLIM & NMTools release:
- Ability to Remotely Connect to any Node directly inside OpenSLIM.
- Supported “Child of” Node as an Intrinsic Relationship Type.
- Protected Node Editting: Edit/View Mode.
- Improved Tasks & Issues Editing with a Toolbar checkbox to avoid OwnerId Auto-update.
- New/Improved Quick Reports.
- Internal code optimization and bug fixing.
Changes on NMTools:
- General Code reshaping to improve maintainability.
- Support for Configuration Profiles.
- Support for Pipe Line Enabled eXtensions (or PLEX Modules).
- Improved Run-Time Progress Metrics and Statistics (including ETA calculation) to be able to handle long running sessions in a much better way.
- Improved Shell Mode( run Get-NMAHelp for available commands).
- New Shell Prompt to better identify your current working context.
- New/Improved Commands to in-line change Profile Settings and Active/Selected Modules.
- Ability to load NMTools as an script library to be able to use it in your own scripts.
- Improved default Profile Settings.
- 52 Modules (+28%): OpenSLIM, Storage, Clustering, Arbitrary Remote Command Execution (Windows, Unix, etc) through WMI/PsTools (DCOM/RPC) and SSH, PLEX.
- Wider real-world testing.
Hope you like this version. If you find bugs or have any suggestion, just let me know :-D.